Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Leptospirosis
* any wild animals >passed on by environment or exposition to infected animals . >Outbreaks usually caused by contaminated water >this can pass
to humans as well
as animals Safety & Sanitation Scientific name:: Leptospiras Interrogans >Saliva can not
collect this bacteria
but us as humans can
get it if we have contact
with water, urine, body parts,
soil, or food that was contaminated by a infected animal. >Symptoms for both:
*high fevers *vomiting *diarrhea *abdominal pain *Severe Muscle pain >Humans:
*headaches *chills *jaundice *red eyes
*refusal to eat *weakness & depression *stiffness
*inability to have babies >if this is not treated both human and animal can suffer from kidney and liver failure Prevention How to treat this Bacteria The two basic ways to treat leptospirosis is by getting tested and be prescribed high doses of antibiotics. Websites *www.cdc.gov
*www.dogsobediencetraining.com/leptospirosis to prevent this you should keep all rodents (such as: rats, raccoons, opossums, etc...) under control. You must also get vaccinations once a year, especially after you have had this bacteria. *wear rubber gloves and boots *sterilize