Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
EVALUATION OF COURSEWORK
Transcript of EVALUATION OF COURSEWORK
I believe that all 3 of my products, my music video, digi pak and magazine article combined together have the desired effect and relate to each other in a way that I’m happy with. I made sure the colours and fonts continued the whole way through each product to help keep schemes recognisable to the audience. 3. WHAT HAVE YOU LEARNT FROM YOUR AUDIENCE FEEDBACK? The audience that I am aiming my product at is an age group of 16 - 24 year olds. The majority of people that would watch and analyse my product are members of my own class. I felt comfortable in the fact that knowing the feedback that I receive back from them will be honest and reliable and will help me a lot. The first step I took for getting audience feedback was creating a questionnaire for my fellow students to complete and hand back to me with their honest opinion. I gave this questionnaire out in the early stages of my planning to help me understand what type of aspects people what to see when watching a music video. I believe that feedback is an essential part of the development of any product and is vital if you want to make it reach its full potential. After filming and editing my media product, members of my group and I all watched each others media products. This helped us look for different things we may have missed and show us the major differences and similarities that we have between us. We also gave each other feedback about our films, some being positive and some being negative. By receiving negative feedback I fount his helped me when I decided to re edit my video as I made changes that I felt were significant to help it reach its full potential. I also showed my product to a handful of my media class and also a handful of non media students. By showing my product to non media students gives me an aspect of what’s missing from an audiences point of view. One main part of feedback that I got was how I managed to fit both the band and a storyline in my music video without it being to much. I was told that neither the band or storyline over powered one or the other and they seemed to compliment each other positively and worked well to make the music product work. One main thing I wish I took into more consideration was matching the lyrics with the bands singing. As the song was taken from a CD and put over my final media product the lip movement didn’t match the lyrics of the song. I highly regret this as it was a major part that I misjudged and without that my media product does not have all the conventions of a real product.
4. HOW DID YOU USE NEW MEDIA TECHNOLOGIES IN THE CONSTRUCTION, RESEARCH & PLANNING AND EVALUATION STAGES? I have used some kind of different technology the whole way through creating my media product. Every aspect of construction, research & planning and evaluation involved some kind of technology that would benefit me from using. Whilst planning and researching the internet was the main programme I went on whilst doing the theory part of the product. PREZI Prezi was used to keep all my planning stored. I needed somewhere to record all planning that was easy accessible at any time of the day I fount that Prezi.com could do just that. It was easy and simple to figure out how to use. After completion I had two different Prezi’s; one for my media planning and the other for my evaluation. I though I would do these separately so the evaluation would be there to read after all the planning and not get mixed up. GOOGLE I used Google to find different websites on certain things to help with my planning. I also used Google images to give me inspiration on different things to use on my ancillary products. It was extremely helpful when researching digi paks and magazine articles. Google led me to many different websites to help with my researching and planning at the beginning of my product. LONGROADMEDIA.BLOGSPOT.COM I fount that this website helped me a lot during my evaluation. it’s a blog from a media school that contains entries from pupils that had finished the same task that we still had to finish. Not only did it help me with my evaluation but also my planning, it gave me ideas about things that I needed to include but I also fount that other aspects were irrelevant to me. Youtube helped a lot by letting me research different music videos when I wanted to. It helped me by playing the video over and over again when deconstructing them and also by letting me get my inspiration from other videos of the same sort as the one im doing. YOUTUBE
The main part of creating the magazine article and digi pak was made in Adobe Fireworks. This is a programme which allows you to edit photographs and play around with different texts until you are happy with what you have created. Adobe Fireworks was one of two programmes which was used to great extent throughout my media product, the other one was Adobe premiere elements. Adobe premiere elements helped me with my editing and uploading process. This was the program I used to make the final touches to my product to make sure it was completed fully. During the filming process we used two cameras which were both Sony, DV cameras which took DV tapes. These cameras were not of the best make but they did the job just fine. The program itself didn’t take long to figure out; it was the second time using this program as it was well used last year so I had some idea of what I was doing. It allowed me to add effects to my product and cut and past any unwanted footage that I had. It also allowed me to change the colour of the film from which it was captured, I fount that this was extremely helpful as the use of this on the camera was not available. Facebook, the social networking site, also played a role in my media product. It allowed me to upload my product onto my page so I could get audience feedback from a wide number of people.