Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Perfect Gym
Transcript of The Perfect Gym
ST. MICHAEL ELEMENTARY
THE PERFECT GYMNASIUM
Constructivism In Physical Education
Implementation Strategies During PE Activity
* Let students interact during activity.
* Be a leader- allow students to be leaders too!
* Be a role model - Monitor Behavior
* Utilize technology that assists in their learning.
Fitness is essential to life. People need to move!
Track and Field
Formative assessments are like doctor appointments or small check-ups while summative assessment are like the final autopsy.
An Example Unit
* Utilize peer/self assessment daily.
* Use iPad as an assessment tool.
* Flipped Classroom on PE website site.
* Use summative results in a formative way.
* Give student feedback while there is time to take action.
* Use assessment to help them set goals.
* Have formative testing build to a successful summative result
The perfect classroom will use assessment with a purpose. Assessment should be used to encourage, improve, progress, achieve, build confidence, attitude and learning. It will be critical to use formative assessment.
* Proper form enhances result.
* Every Player is important to a team.
* If I am safe, others around me are safe.
* What fitness requirements make up a
good football player?
* What lessons learned about teamwork
can be used in other parts of life?
* How do I stay safe in football?
* Space and Body control
* Guided practice leads to improvement.
* Teamwork leads to best results.
* Control you body and you will be safe.
* Students will demonstrate passing,
catching, kicking and punting skills.
* Students will understand basic
concepts of teamwork.
* Students will demonstrate safety and
sportsmanship in football activities.
* Demonstrates understanding of movement
concepts, principles, strategies, and tactics
as they apply to learning and performance
of physical activities. (knowledge)
* Exhibits responsible personal and social behavior
in physical activity settings. (Behavior)
If we connect, we will grow.
* Teach effort during activities
* Emphasize that talent, skill and
intelligence can be developed.
* Embrace challenges in activities.
* Pay attention to growth not achievement.
Growth Mindset Culture
* Pair students with different mindsets
* Model Growth Mindset behavior
* Place the power in the learner not me
* Learn my students
* Let students teach students
* Be me
* Teach different students differently
* Listen to what students have to say
* Differentiate using PE equipment
* Build relations in a positive format
* Peer/self assessment using technology
Is it important to build
relations with your students?
The individual is where we start and essentially the most important part.