Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Abhav Avgun
When we're focused on looking for one thing, we become blind towards other things even when they're right in front of our face.
MEMORIZE AS MANY
NUMBERS AS YOU CAN FROM THIS LIST IN
4 Steps to Solving
Read satsang books regularly
Keep the mind busy
Pray to Maharaj and Swami
4 M's by Yogi Bapa
Milan - keep company
Madat - help
Maafi - forgive and forget
Mahima - realize greatness
Lack of Introspection:
Nirantar sarva kriyaamaa paachhu valine jovu je, maare Bhagwaan bhajvaa chhe ne hu shu karu chhu em joyaa karavu.
“agnãni maa atishe agnãni, ghelã mã atishe ghelo, murakh mã atishe murakh, ane nich mã atishe nich”
Ego: aham (I-ness) and Mamatva (my-ness)
Jealousy: Jiva Khachar
Lack of Divyabhav
Why do we take abhav avgun?
Jumping to Conclusions
Wanting to Improve Others All the Time
Not Clear on Our Goal
Saband no Mahima
Importance of seeing the good
Importance of smiling
Solving Abhav Avgun
Gadhada 1-31: “Whosoever takes abhãv avgun, their mind becomes a breeding ground for evil (maya).”
Destruction of the Soul
Gadhada 3-22: he would rather chop off his own arm than take abhãv avgun of his haribhakto
Yogi Bapa says “Taking avgun is like drinking poison.”
Loya 1- when we take abhãv avgun, we are literally cutting off our head.
Gadhada 1-71: “God forgives all other mistakes, but he does not forgive the mistake of spiting a devotee of God. Therefore, one should never harm a devotee of God in any way whatsoever.
Yogi Bapa: "Maare to ekaj sidhant - koi no avgun nai levu"
Satya, hit ne priya evu vachan bolvu ne upekshaa rahit bolvu pan aagrahthi vachan kahevu nahi.
“If one brings one lakh rupees, but if he finds faults in others, I do not like him; whereas if there is another person who sleeps and eats all day and looks at the positive side of everyone, then I will do his seva.” - Gunatitanand Swami
“If everyone would stop this and focus on the positive points, I would stay on this earth for 50 more years.” - Yogi Bapa
1. What is abhãv avgun?
2. What are some of the reasons why we find abhãv avgun in others?
3. What are the detriments of finding abhãv avgun? What has Maharaj said about it in the Vachanamrut?
4. What is P.P. Swamishri’s solution to abhãv avgun?
5. What will Satsang reading and praying to Maharaj help us realize?
6. Who are some shining examples of success who did not take abhãv avgun of others?
7. What did Gunatitanand Swami and Yogiji Maharaj say they would do if devotees did not find abhãv avgun?