Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Student created websites
Transcript of Student created websites
enabling students to tell their stories
"Strange Story" in my Bio classroom
Evolution and(?) Ecology
Students can't feel empowered by the knowledge because they can't see the logic that's not there.
Student as a Storyteller - The Disease Website Project
-An independent day school in Los Angeles
- standard science curriculum
-9th year teaching
"Toying" with Sequencing
-What makes the most sense?
-Are projects useful?
Realization: An Incoherent Sequence = no story
What do we need - a Coherent Sequence - a "Story"
Realization: Just need a better story to increase our students' buy-in
Better Unit Sequence that makes Curriculum Coherent:
-Ecology (Big Picture)
-Biotechnology/Bioethics/Molecular Genetics (The finest detail)
-Evolution (Tying it all together)
Pick a Disease:
- Individually relevant
-Empowering through knowledge acquisition
-Instant "need to know"
-requires coherent expression
-relevant peer-reviewed information
All things tech:
-Google Sites are easy to use
-Shared with the teacher to monitor progress
Relevance to the curriculum:
-With each unit learned a new subpage is generated
by Pavel Lieb, MCS