Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of USA
• part of North America
• bordered by the Atlantic ocean, the Pacific ocean, Mexico, Canada
• peninsula - Florida (Gulf of Mexico)
• rivers - the Mississippi, the Missouri, the Columbia, the Colorado
• lakes - Great lakes area, Salt lake
• mountains ranges - Cascade Range, Rocky Mountains, Great Basin, Sierra Nevada, Appalachian Mountains
• Great Plains (lowland)
• highest peak - Mount McKinley
(6194 m - Alaska)
• Death Valley (-86 m)
• native inhabitants - Indians, Eskimos
• 1492 - Columbus - "New World"
• 1664 - british colonization - 13 colonies (Union) -> USA
• 4.7. 1776 - Declaration of independence
• 1861-65 - Civil war - North x South
• 1867 - Russia sold Alaska
• 24.10. 1929 - Black Thursday
• 7.12. 1941 - Pearl Harbor
• 2nd half of 20. century - Cold war
• 20.7. 1969 - Apollo 11
• consits of 13 horizontal stripes (7 red, 6 white); in the top left corner is blue rectangle with 50 white five-pointed stars arranged in nine rows
• stripes represent 13 British colonies that declared independence of Great Britian and became first states in the Union
• last design is 55 years old - in
1960 was added Hawai
• capitol - Washington D.C.
• prezident - Barack Obama
• inhabitants - 320 061 700 (3rd in the world)
• area - 9 631 214 km2 (3rd in the world)
• currency - USD $
• no official language (English, Spanish, French, Hawaiian,....)
• divided into 50 states and 1 federal territory
• stars represent 50 states of USA
• the world's oldest surviving federation
• it is a constitutional republic and representative democracy
• federal government is composed of three branches:
1. legislative - Senate and House of Representatives
2. executive - prezident
3. judicial - Supreme Court
member of NAFTA, OSN
- FBI - Federal Bureau of Investigation
- CIA - Central Intelligence Agency
- NASA - National Aeronautic and Space Agency
• american football (NFL)
• baseball (MLB)
• basketball (NBA)
• ice hockey (NHL)
• soccer (MLS)
• tennis (US Open)
• golf (PGA, The Masters)
• cars racing (NASCAR)
• lacrosse, surfing,...
• there are 58 NP
• institution Nation Park Service
• 14 of them belongs to World Heritage Site UNESCO
• the biggest: Wrangell - St. Elias
• the smallest: Hot Springs
• the oldest: Yellowstone
• the most visited: Great Smoky
1. How many inhabitants does the USA have ?
2. Which language is official in USA ?
3. What the flag looks like ?
4. Which lakes does GLA consits of ?
5. Can you describe Death Valley ?
6. When did Columbus discover the USA ?
7. What was the Cold war about ?
8. Name of the oldest NP ?
9. Which faces are carved in Mount Rushmore ?
10. What can we find in Hollywood ?
Rainbow pool Morning Glory
Golden gate bridge
Luxor (on the Strip)