Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Ransomware
What is Ransomware?
Ransomware is a malware that:
-locks your computer
-holds your files hostage
- makes you pay the person/company who made it
How does it work?
Ransomware can either lock your computer or encrypt predetermined files.
Why is it dangerous?
Ransomware is dangerous because it threatens you until you pay the amount they want you to pay. The amount is usually hundreds of dollars.
Can you protect yourself from ransomware?
In any case that it does happen, it would be helpful if you backed up the files on your computer beforehand just to be safe.
To prevent it, you would need:
-To use a good anti-virus product that will help stop ransomware
-To avoid running/downloading suspicious files
-To keep your software updated
Published on September 24th, 2015
The article talked about how ransomwares were specifically targetting small businesses, knowing that the small businesses would pay the amount willingly.