Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Blood Gas Analysis: Simply Explained
Transcript of Blood Gas Analysis: Simply Explained
Blood Gas Analysis:
What is it?
Investigates the acid-base balance
Effectiveness of gas exchange
State of ventilatory control.
source: (Brown et al., 2012)
source: (Centre for Evidence Based Purchasing, 2010)
Essentially the key things to remember are:
Arterial or venous?
Perform the Allen’s test;
Ensure steady state;
Not contain too much anticoagulant – heparin;
No air bubbles in the syringe; and
Sample should be placed on ice and analysed within 30 min.
Types of Errors
Factors that change the measurements:
Impairments to respiratory system
Impairments to renal system
Ideal Gas Equation?
source: (Verma & Roach, 2010)