Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Blood Gas Analysis: Simply Explained
Transcript of Blood Gas Analysis: Simply Explained
Blood Gas Analysis:
What is it?
Investigates the acid-base balance
Effectiveness of gas exchange
State of ventilatory control.
source: (Brown et al., 2012)
source: (Centre for Evidence Based Purchasing, 2010)
Essentially the key things to remember are:
Arterial or venous?
Perform the Allen’s test;
Ensure steady state;
Not contain too much anticoagulant – heparin;
No air bubbles in the syringe; and
Sample should be placed on ice and analysed within 30 min.
Types of Errors
Factors that change the measurements:
Impairments to respiratory system
Impairments to renal system
Ideal Gas Equation?
source: (Verma & Roach, 2010)