Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Waiting For Superman
Transcript of Waiting For Superman
1. Watching the driver drive away, she finally feels free.
2. She still has hope that superman is coming.
3. (Chorus) She's praying, counting, wishing that superman is coming back.
4. It isn't making sense that she cant find him anywhere.
5. Hopes that he is coming, and if it was movie it wouldn't end like this.
6. (Chorus) She's praying, counting, wishing that superman is coming back.
7. She is waiting for him to come and save her.
8.(Chorus) She's praying, counting, wishing that superman is coming back.
9. She wants superman to save her before it is too late.
Poetic Device #1
Poetic Device #2
Poetic Device # 3
"She's just watching the clouds roll by and they spell her name like Lois Lane."
"She’s talking to angels, she’s counting the stars
Making a wish on a passing car
She’s dancing with strangers, she’s falling apart
Waiting for Superman to pick her up
In his arms, In his arms
She’s waiting for Superman."
"She's watching the clouds roll by and they spell her name like Lois Lane."
"She's been locked up inside her apartment a hundred days."
Poetic Device #4
Poetic Device #5
"If life was a movie, then it wouldn't end like this."
Speaker, Setting, and Tone
The speaker of this song is an outsider looking in on the life a girl who spends her time waiting for her Superman.The shift in this song happens in stanza 4 and 5, the singer makes the female character seem sort of lost.
The song takes place in a city, "metropolis", being the key word. There is no shift in the Setting.
The tone of the song starts as patient, when she keeps giving him chance after chance. Then it shifts to hopeful at the end when she wants him " to lift her up and take her anywhere."
The theme of the song, Waiting For Superman, is if you truly love someone you'll wait for them. The poetic devices help the song come together and flow together.
"She's waiting for superman to lift her up and take her anywhere." Showing how she is waiting for him to come and get her. "Waiting for Superman", the title, relates to the song by saying that she is waiting for Superman to come for her.