Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Japan
Japan-The first people to migrate into the islands of Japan probably arrived around 8,000 B.C. These hunter gathers probably lived in temporary huts, as well as caves and ravines. For thousands of years, the people of ancient japan lived off of the land hunted, farmed, and developed unique cultures and religious beliefs within their small clans or tribes.
Lined kimono, traditionally made of silk but sometimes wool or fabrics, are worn during the cooler months. Light, cotton is worn by men and women during the summer.Often they are worn with geta, wooden footwear. Originally worn to the bath house by the upper class and made of plain white cotton,it became popular among people and were often. Today, brightly-colored yukata are common at summer festivals and fireworks displays, particularly for young women and children.
It was in the Edo Period (1600-1868) that much of today's traditional origami developed as forms of entertainment for people. Kabuki and ukiyo-e are just some examples of origami that was popular. By the mid-19th century, 70 or more different designs had been created.