Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Cost an arm and a leg
Transcript of Cost an arm and a leg
May . 00. 2014
cost /pay a lot of money
portrait painters sold big pictures more expensive.
The head and shoulder painting was
If the painting add arms,
that was more expensive
than the painting with head and shoulder.
As a result,
Full-length portraits were sold most expensive
than other portraits.
So 'cost an arm and a leg' originated here.
Example sentences 1.
My new car
an arm and a leg
but, I love it.
= My new car
a lot of money
but, I love it
Example sentences 2.
: Hey, What are you doing now?
: I'm looking at pictures from Facebook.
In the pictures,
There are so many places that I want to go.
: Yeah !
I want to travel around the world !
: Me too
But, It will
cost an arm and a leg
to travel around the world