Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Alfred Adler
1. Social Embeddedness
2. Self-Determination & Creativity
3. Teleology (Goal-Directed)
5. Holism Inferiority Complex According to Alfred Adler almost everyone suffers from an inferiority complex and may feel strong feelings of being inadequate or incompetent. This feeling comes from our feelings of helplessness as babies Some job options include working in the Industrial-Organizational Psychology field or as a therapist. Birth Order The chronological order of sibling births in a family Suggesting that the position a child has by the order of birth significantly affected the child's growth and personality.
The order of being born first, last, or somewhere in the middle itself doesn't have any significance with shaping a child's personality and growth development
But how the birth order affects the child is treated by the parents and other siblings & how that child may react.
CHILDS CHARACTERISTICS ONLY
Retains 200% attention from both parents. May become rival of one parent. Can be over-protected and spoiled.
Likes being the center of adult attention. Often has difficulty sharing with siblings and peers. Prefers adult company and uses adult language.
Parent expectations are usually very high. Often given responsibility and expected to set an example
May become authoritarian or strict. Feels power is his/her right. Can become helpful if encouraged.
has a pacemaker. There is always someone ahead.
more competitive, wants to overtake older child. May become a rebel or try to outdo everyone. Competition can deteriorate into rivalry.
May feel squeezed out of a position of privilege and significance.
May be even-tempered, "take it or leave it" attitude. May have trouble finding a place or become a fighter of injustice.
Has many “motherly and “fatherly” figures. Older children try to educate him.
Wants to be bigger than the others. Can stay the "baby." Frequently spoiled.
One is usually stronger or more active. Parents may see one as the older.
Can have identity problems. Stronger one may become the leader.
Parents spoil child. may try to compensate for the loss of his biological parents.
Child may become very spoiled and demanding. Eventually may resent or idealize the biological parents.
-ONLY BOY AMONG GIRLS
Usually with women all the time, if father is away.
May try to prove he is the man in the family, or become effeminate.
-ONLY GIRL AMONG BOYS
Older brothers may act as her protectors
Can become very feminine, or a tomboy and outdo the brothers.
If mother wanted a girl, can be dressed as a girl.
Child may capitalize on assigned role or protest it vigorously.
May be dressed as a boy.
Child may capitalize on assigned role or protest it vigorously. By: Alisha Graham
Angel Arboleda BIRTH : FEB. 7,1870
DEATH: MAY 28,1937
BIRTH PLACE : Vienna, Austria History 1902
INVITED BY SiGMUND FREUD TO JOIN THE Psychoanalytic Discussion Group.
Soon I'd leave the group, due to some disagreements on Freud's Theories.
Being as I played a key role in Psychoanalysis, I developed my own school of thought. The individual human being is the best determinant of their own needs, desires, interests, & growth These feeling can "result in a "will-to-power" that can take one of two paths."
- The child will strive to become superior over others through acts of dominance or aggressive behavior.
- The child will strive to become greater by mastering their full potential. During my childhood, I suffered from Rickets. It disabled me to walk until I four years old. Due to this childhood illness, I became a physician.
Received my Medical Degree from the University of Vienna.I began a career as an Ophthalmologist, then switched to general practice. 1908
(The studies of behaviors in different people.) Lifestyle forms in early childhood; Partly determined by what particular inferiority affected most deeply An individual derives their personality traits from these essentially external factors:
*Over Compensation "A persistent sense of inadequacy or a tendency to self- diminishment, sometimes resulting in excessive aggressiveness through overcompensation." Sometimes not a major influence on personality development
Other potential influences such as:
social & economic position
Ect. Alfred Adler