Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
May 5, 2011 CL/ACL Meeting
Transcript of May 5, 2011 CL/ACL Meeting
*data collection* Day 2: Focus: Student Work sharing experiences analysis of lesson *moderated marking* next steps/planning snapshot of CLC for presenting **assessment pieces** *impact on student achievement* do we do this...
Why have we started this initiative? To Change Student Achievement ... professional learning communities student work in front of them defined goals leader facilitated Focus: Developing Resources for Implementation impact on student achievement expectations/goals background on CLC topic plan implmentation Day 1: overview of CLC meet CLC members lesson planning TDSB Science Learning Session, Thursday May 5th 2011 Goals
- celebrate successes
- STSE - share one success
story and/or challenge Housekeeping Science in the Media and Everyday Life Thanks to: WELCOME FAREWELL CLCs Dr. Joe Schwarcz Before you Go... Thank You Science in the Media and Everyday Life CELEBRATION TIME Energizer - Ball Toss
- start with 1 ball
- Round 1: learn names
- Round 2: use names
- Round 3: use 2 balls Do teachers plan and teach lessons/units of instruction togehter? Do teachers observe each other's practice? What happens when students aren't learning? Ask Yourself 3 Articles
- read and record
- consesus on common big ideas Teamwork
Strategy 3 Lesson Study
Examining Practice with New Eyes
Graphic on last page Deep Conversations
First section (abstract and introduction) Big Ideas... CLC Topics Who is involved? A & E Literacy DI/Cooperative Learning STSE Our CLC Facilitators What is our goal? critical analysis of pedagogy collaboration development of teaching strategies implementation of strategies moderated marking measurable student improvment "... a group of professionals with shared goals and a strong level of trust and respect collaborating to improve their lesson-delivery skills through talking, researching, planning, observing and sharing feedback." Inquiry STSE
- Leesa Blake - Malvern CI
- Catherine Kurucz - Sir Robert Borden BTI Inquiry
- Mike Doig - York Mills CI
- Paul Weight - Danforth CTI A & E
- Jennifer Allen - Winfields JHS
- Mary Nishio - Riverdale CI Literacy
- Joseph Lozon - Woburn CI
- Leila Knetsch - Albert Campbell CI
- Ashlyn Young - Cedarbrae CI DI/Cooperative Learning
- Tasneem Munir - Lester B. Pearson CI
- Nandanee Sawh - Woburn CI Dinner is Served!! - share one success
story and/or challenge Pearson Nelson Edvantage Boreal McGraw Dr. Joe Schwarcz for all your leadership ABC's of....
“Science teachers are the key to unlocking the equity gap….” The Ultimate