Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Coffee History and How to Brew the Perfect Cup
Transcript of Coffee History and How to Brew the Perfect Cup
Hawaii is the only state in the U.S. that grows coffee. No, my love... alcohol is forbidden by our religion. Coffee, however, is not! Let us drink and never rest! Ohh... your libido I detest! “Why, this Satan's drink is so delicious that it would be a pity to let the infidels have exclusive use of it,” replied Pope Clement VIII in 1594 when told by his fellow priests that coffee was a “hellish black brew.” The pope resolved, “We shall cheat Satan by baptizing it” (Merrell 41). Priest: "Coffee's a hellish black brew!" Pope: "Well... you're no angel yourself!" *Engulfs coffee* "You tell 'em, Pope!" What are coffee's health benefits? Cup of Joe: Friend or Foe? WebMD suggests that research shows, “coffee drinkers, compared to non-drinkers, are less likely to have type 2 diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, and dementia.[…].fewer cases of certain cancers, heart rhythm problems, and stroke,” (Health Benefits of Coffee). "I knew the Doc. was onto something when he said to DRINK MORE COFFEE!" In fact, while much renown is given to the health benefits of green tea, it is interesting to note, “Coffee (regular, decaf, or instant) contains four times the antioxidants of green tea” (Merrell 248). “Coffee can improve performance in tests of reaction time, memory, and spatial reasoning. Athletic performance and recovery time have also been shown to benefit from caffeine intake” (Merrel 248). It follows that students studying for exams and athletes seeking energy for exercise need look no further than a cup of java. "Coffee gives me the stamina I NEED!" How to Brew the Perfect Cup of Coffee with a... French Press! A French press, also known as a press pot, coffee press, coffee plunger, cafetiere (UK) or afetière à piston, is a simple coffee brewing device which was invented in France in the late 19th century. It was first patented by Italian designer Attilio Calimani in 1929 (Wikipedia). 1. Place the press on a dry, flat surface. Pull the plunger out of the press.
2. Fill with coarsely ground coffee. You typically want 2 tablespoons of coffee for every 6 fl oz of water.
3. Pour hot water into the press. Leave an inch of space at the top, and be sure to stir the brew with a wooden spoon. Place the plunger on top, and let brew for 4 minutes. Steps to Follow With a French Press After the 4 minutes of brewing... 4.Begin to plunge slowly down upon the wet grounds. Be gentle! You do not want to break the plunger.
5.Turn the lid to the open position and slowly pour the coffee from the press.
6.Enjoy your fresh-brewed coffee!
"Too many kids... too little coffee!" "4 MINUTES!?" To recap, coffee...
Is steeped in rich history.
Has numerous health benefits.
You now know how to brew the perfect cup!
Live life, love every moment, and revel in the joys of java!