Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Make up Sterilization
Transcript of Make up Sterilization
What is the isotope?
It goes through gamma radation. The gamma sterilization process uses Cobalt 60 radiation to kill microorganisms on a variety of different products. Processing with gamma yields quick turnaround time, easily penetrating packaging and product, and is ideal for many types of materials.
After entering a living mammal (such as a human being), some of the Cobalt 60 is excreted in feces. The remainder is taken up by tissues, mainly the liver, kidneys, and bones, where the prolonged exposure to gamma radiation can cause cancer. Over time, the absorbed cobalt is eliminated in urine.
Nuclear Chemistry Project
Isotope Mass: 59.93 u