Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Coronary Artery Disease
Transcript of Coronary Artery Disease
High Blood Pressure
Overweight / Obesity
Excessive Alcohol Consumption
What is CAD?
Stenosis or blockage of the coronary arteries and vessels
Treatment & Prevention
Exercise, weight management, diet, avoid smoking, manage stress
Procedural / Surgical Treatment
CAD is one of the leading causes of death globally.
The total number of deaths due to cardiovascular disease read 17.3 million a year.
Chest pain or discomfort
Shortness of breath
Symptom of heart failure
Occurs when the heart cannot adequately pump blood around the body
When coronary arteries are so narrow that blood supply to cardiac muscles are completely cut off
When the heart cannot pump blood efficiently, blood supply to the brain may be limited.
Clots in the coronary arteries may not always be localized to the coronary arteries but may break off and spred to vessels within their paths such as pulmonary artery.