Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
WJEC Writing Exam Preparation
Transcript of WJEC Writing Exam Preparation
F: Form - To persuade
- To explain
- To argue
- To advise Techniques Write a leaflet aimed at persuading young people not to smoke cigarettes.
This leaflet could include sections on:
- problems caused by smoking;
- the benefits of never starting smoking.
You can also use other ideas that you think will help to persuade readers. Example Question and Answer Look back at the spider diagram and tick
everything that you feel you have done in
Write your most effective sentence on the
post-it note: this will form part of our online
working wall so it can be anonymous. LO: - to establish the skills needed for the Writing exam and demonstrate these skills in our own writing Recipe?
Speech? To inform:
- Imperative verbs
- Formal language
- Past/present tense
- Third person
- Sophisticated vocabulary Punctuation/structure/vocabulary/sentence structure - what should we remember for each? Create a spider diagram/Popplet. GCSE English - Homework - 10En1 - RTH Yr 10 Writing Working Wall Choose the five most effective persuasive sentences in your opinion.
Which persuasive technique has it used? Why have you chosen it? Anecdote
Personal pronouns Read through the persuasive advert for Tommo Pills.
Highlight or underline the persuasive techniques being used.
Personal pronouns Write a persuasive advert for Dove soap, improving the level of persuasion seen in the television advertisement. Try to use every persuasive technique. 1. A supermarket chain is planning to build a new store on land which is currently used by local youngsters to play sport, and has a children’s playground.
The supermarket chain says that it will create up to 60 jobs and will give shoppers more choices. Those opposing the plan believe it will put local shops out of business and destroy a valuable amenity for youngsters.
The newspaper has invited readers to give their views on the plan. Write your letter, giving reasons why you support or oppose the plan. You may wish to develop the arguments above, but can also give other views as well. 2. Many older people don’t use computers or the internet, either because they don’t see any value in them or because they are afraid of modern technology.You have been asked to give a talk to a group of older people to persuade them to use computers and the internet.Some of the benefits of the computer and the internet that your talk might include are: ␣ ␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣ ␣ ␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣You may wish to develop these points in your talk, but you can discuss other benefits too.Write what you would say.