Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
How Did the Constitution Guard Against Tyranny?
Transcript of How Did the Constitution Guard Against Tyranny?
Checks and Balances Document D
Big States v. Small States Assignment How did the Constitution Guard Against Tyranny? Body of Essay Document B
Separation of Powers 1. If one person or group of people get all the powers, you will have tyranny.
2. Yes, he says powers can accumulate even when the people in government is elected.
3. Legislature makes laws, executive enforces laws, judicial branch judges if laws have been broken.
4. He would say this is the first step toward tyranny.
5. If you separate the three powers, no group
can do whatever they want. Document A
Federalism 1. The central or national government and the states
3.The central and state governments will check each other's power. Also, the branches within each level of government will provide checks within that level.
4. States have more personal and local power.
5. neither the states of the central power can
tyrannize. 1. The three branches should have checks on each
2. The House can impeach the President.
3. The President can appoint members of the Supreme Court.
4. The Supreme Court can rule a law passed by the
5. The framers gave the three branches checks over
each other so they could limit powers of the other
branches. 1. Population.
2. Rhode Island and Delaware each had 1
3. Virginia (10)
4. The large states because their bigger population entitled them to more representatives and more power.
5. The small states because they had the same number of senators as the big states.
6. Equal representation in the Senate protected the
small states. Unequal representation in the
House of Representatives protected
the more populated states. Go to page 153.
Your essay will be 6 paragraphs
You will use the chicken foot we created to write
Use information from the documents and the questions you answered, you will prove how the Constitution guarded against tyranny. The Constitution guarded against tyranny in
four ways: Federalism Separation of Powers Checks and Balances small state v. large states