Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of HIGH HOPES
Commit to honesty
Take personal responsibility, but also allow for accountability
Pick your battles
Show up to all agreed upon events
Be available for weekly meetings
Be prepared to discuss agenda topics
Be sure to keep up with readings & assignments
Respond to emails within 24 hrs.
In the event of future storms, shutting down is not allowed.
Deciding what to do as a team & how to do it
PRACTICING HEALTHY HABITS TOGETHER
The calm before the storm!
Excited to become a team!
DASH FOR DETECTION
RAW VEGAN DINNER
PLAYED BY INDIVIDUALS
The mission of High Hopes is to become a team by helping one another develop habits that will positively effect the health of our bodies and can be carried out for a lifetime.
Collective 20 pound weight loss
Open up to healthier eating choices
Walk a 5k together
Become aware of & increase our daily physical activity
25.9 LB collective weight loss!!!!!!
Now more open to different food choices
Now more conscious of foods consumed
Now more conscious of daily exercise activity
Will carry on healthy habits developed moving forward
WHAT KIND OF TEAM
3-4 medium zucchinis, washed and trimmed
4 1/2 cups Italian herb tomato sauce
3 1/2 cups shredded carrots
1 cup hemp seed basil pesto
2 2/3 cups tossed and tenderized deep greens
5 cups sunny garlic rawcotta
2 1/2 cups walnut cheez crumble
1. Thinly slice zucchinis lengthways into a lasagna-noodle shape
2. Layer 1/2 of "new"dles to evenly cover bottom of a 13x9-in lasagna pan
3. Spread 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce over "new"dles
4. Cover with 1/2 of carrots
5. Drizzle 1/2 of pesto over carrots and spread evenly
6. Cover with 1 1/3 cups greens
7. Spread 1/2 of rawcotta over greens. Use wet hands to spread and keep from sticking
8. Pour and spread another 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce over rawcotta layer
9. Add another layer of "new"dles evenly over tomato sauce, overlapping them slightly
10. Cover "new"dles with another 1 1/3 cups greens
11. Drizzle rest of pesto evenly over top
12. Spread rest of shredded carrots over top
13. Spread rest of rawcotta evenly over top. Use wet hands to spread and keep from
sticking. Press down firmly to set layers.
14. Spread rest of tomato sauce over top.
15. Sprinkle walnut cheez even;y over top and, with wet hands, firmly press everything
down to set layers.
16. Cut into squares and serve.
3 ripe bananas (frozen overnight)
1 cup frozen strawberries
1/4 cup almond milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1.Combine strawberries, almond milk,
and extract in a blender. Blend until completely smooth.
2. Add bananas and blend until
consistency is smooth and creamy.
3. Serve immediately or freeze for 30
minutes for a more solid texture
20 cherry tomatoes, halved
2 ripe large Hass avocados, halved, pitted, peeled, and cut into 1-inch chunks
1 large red onion, thinly sliced
Toasted Cumin Vinaigrette, recipe follows
2 cups arugula leaves
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro leaves
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon cumin seeds, lightly toasted
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup canola oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper
RED GRAPEFRUIT WITH AVOCADO AND FENNEL
Gently mix the tomatoes, avocados, onions, arugula, and half of the vinaigrette in a large bowl. Check for seasoning and add more vinaigrette, if needed. Sprinkle the cumin and cilantro over the top and serve immediately.
Whisk together the lime juice, vinegar, honey, cumin, and cilantro in a medium bowl. Gradually whisk in the oils until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Do not use a blender to make this vinaigrette.
Blend watermelon, lime juice and mint well
Use a fine strainer and sift watermelon juice to remove foam & pulp
Pour over mint leaves (optional)
STRAWBERRY BANANA "ICECREAM"
AVOCADO SALAD WITH TOASTED CUMIN VINAIGRETTE
3 large ruby red grapefruits
1/4 cup macadamia oil
1 tablespoon lime juice
coarse sea salt
2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, and slices
1 large or 2 small fennel bulbs, slice very thinly
1 very small handful mint leaves, julienned
freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon cracked coriander seeds (optional
Section grapefruits by cutting the peel from the top and bottom and stand each upright on a cutting board. Cut down from top to bottom along the peel to remove it and expose the flesh.
Place segments in a large bowl
Set aside a few table spoons of the juice to mix with oil
In a small bowl, whisk the oil with lime juice, a few tables spoons of the grapefruit and a generous pinch of sea salt
Place the sliced avocado in a bowl and pour some of the dressing over it tossing it gently to coat
Add the fennel, remaining dressing, and mint to the grapefruit and toss well
Gently combine the avocado with the grapefruit and fennel.
Season with salt & pepper to taste, garnish with fennel fronds, and serve
WATERMELON MINT JUICE