Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of CMS Presentation
Biographical data including custody/care giver relationship
The simulated client is a 19 year African American male , the care giver is his biological Mother she is a single parent also African American with 2 other children ages 12 and 7.
The simulated client was 5’3 and weighs 218 lbs. Medical History of Type 2 Diabetes, Acanthosis Nigricans , history of high cholesterol, hypertension, GERD and obesity, Family hisory, 7 year old sister also has a born w ventricular septal defect, and his father had hypertension, died of heart failure.
Medication for Type II Diabetes
Insulin Lisopro Humalog (Rapid acting), Regular insulin Humulin R Novolog (short acting), Insulin glargine Lantus (Long Acting).
Ventricular septa defect, Deficit knowledge r/t improper self-care, Risk for unstable blood glucose r/t poor nutritional habits.
Current growth and development status versus chronological age
Client is above the 95th percentile on the CDC growth chart, and considered obese for age of 19.
At this age the late adolescent is physically mature, structure and reproductive growth is almost mature. This age group is also able to view problems comprehensively
Erikson: Intimacy VS Isolation 18-40: one begin to share themselves more intimately with others. At this stage exploring relationships leading toward longer-term commitments with someone other than a family member is more common.
History of eating fast food such as McDonalds, Taco Bell, Wendy’s and Subway.
Snacks includes a history of eating chips and soda.
Mother does not cook dinner due to working late shifts
Past medical history
4th Semester Nursing Student
client on a proper diabetic diet,
the importance of insulin administration and seeking help from a social worker to have access to this
healthier eating habits,
locate food markets in area to improve food options
education on physical activity.
1. Educatation on proper health management for Type II Diabetes disease
2. Caregiver role strain on mother who is a single parent and states “ I work all the time, I don’t have time to cook, so we always eat out”.
3. Finding resources with a social worker in client’s residential area for grocery shopping to provide better food options, and medication needs