Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of WRITING!
EVOLUTION OF WRITING
QUALITIES A GOOD WRITER SHOULD POSSESS
The writer is annoying, even to himself/herself
The writer is always forward-thinking
The writer reads
The writer understands his/her audience
The writer is a master of emotion
The writer sees value in almost everything
The writer never stops writing
The writer is timely and fulfills commitments
Types of Writing Styles
What does 'EXPOSITORY WRITING' mean ?
• Expository writing usually explains something in a process
• Expository writing is often equipped with facts and figures
• Expository writing is usually in a logical order and sequence
• It is often poetic in nature
• It describes places, people, events, situations or locations in a highly-detailed manner.
• The author visualizes you what he sees, hears, tastes, smells and feels
• Persuasive writing is equipped with reasons, arguments and justifications
• In persuasive writing, the author takes a stand and asks you to believe his point of view.
• If often asks for a call or an action from the readers.
• In narrative writing, a person, being a narrative, tells a story or event.
• Narrative writing has characters and dialogues in it.
• Narrative writing has definite and logical beginnings, intervals and endings.
• Narrative writing often has situations like disputes, conflicts, actions, motivational events, problems and their solutions.
Known to be the very first attempt of mankind to note down events.
Some paintings are even 20,000 years old
Representation in a pictorial way.
Symbol is directly related to the meaning.
Use of pictures to represent part of words.
Alphabet represents a basic significant sound in that spoken language
Sets of letters represent consonants and vowels
For example: English-
same syllable but different
Each symbol is a syllable.
Syllable is directly related to sound.
Lack of Flexibilty
-Writing is a medium of communication that represents language through the inscription of signs and symbols.
-In most languages, writing is a complement to speech or spoken language.
-Writing is not a language but a form of technology. Within a language system, writing relies on many of the same structures as speech, such as vocabulary, grammar and semantics, with the added dependency of a system of signs or symbols, usually in the form of a formal alphabet.