Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Application 4: Spotlight on emerging technology: Online learning in K-12 schools.
Transcript of Application 4: Spotlight on emerging technology: Online learning in K-12 schools.
* homework assignments
* test dates
* due dates Teachers can provide links to websites which can provide practice and additional information on the subject. Can have discussions with other classrooms in your school. Students can post questions to the teacher or other students in their class or school. Students can work collaboratively on projects. * Promotes self-directed learning
* Can integrate real-world applications
* Promotes active collaboration
* Can provide Web 2.0 tools for projects (Lemke, C., & Coughlin, E., 2009) How are online learning similar to learning in the classroom? An e-learning teacher considers the elements of quality
instruction in any arena and adapts them to the virtual environment.(Johnston, S.,2007. Pg 22)
Educational theories and
solid instructional practices that have been applied and tested over time are essential resources to
assist educators in creating quality online courses.(Johnston, S.,2007, pg 22) Why should our school utilize a Learning Management System? Can provide enrichment programs for advance students Our school needs to have teachers who know how to navigate the website to mentor other teachers. Offer professional development courses for teacher training. Final note:
availability of computers and networks increase in
schools, computer-based educational materials become
more practical, increasing the opportunity for
educators to make student experiences richer and
more meaningful. It is essential that educators seize
the opportunity"(Gillard, S., & Bailey, D.,2007. Pg.89) What can our school do to help teachers to learn the LMS? Resources:
Gillard, S., & Bailey, D. (2007). Technology in the classroom: Overcoming obstacles, reaping rewards. The International Journal of Learning, 14(1), 8793.
Johnston, S. (2007). Developing Quality Virtual Courses: Selecting Instructional Models. In P. Adamson, B. Adamson, & N. Clausen-Grace, et al (Eds.),What Works in K-12 Online Learning (Chapter 2, pp. 21-31).
Hargis, J., & Schofield, K. (2007). Integrating Online Learning into Elementary Classrooms. In P. Adamson, B. Adamson, & N. Clausen-Grace, et al (Eds.), What Works in K-12 Online Learning (pp. 33-47).