Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
PED212: Wk3 Assignment
Transcript of PED212: Wk3 Assignment
Healthy Habits For
Your Children Children's Health
Healthy Habits Motor Skill Development Local Resources: •Motor skill development is fundamental for children. Developing these skills and mastering movements will help achieve a healthy lifestyle.
• Some of these fundamental motor skills include walking, running, leaping, skipping, hopping, and jumping.
Three examples of physical activity you and your children can do together as a family:
• Taking family walks daily will help your family relax, interact, and get fit together!
• Playing a sport as a family such as kickball or basketball will keep your family moving!
• Swimming is full of benefits. Have fun in the sun while getting your family active!
• Contact a local YMCA or Family Sports Complex to see what family activities they offer to get families moving together.
• Contact your community's town hall or chamber of commerce to see what is going on in your area. Some communities have tons of family activities! If not, suggest them!
• Visit websites such as www.cdc.gov or www.letsmove.gov to get ideas on how to incorporate physical activities into your family's daily schedule.
Get moving with your child! References:
CDC. (2012). Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/physicalactivity/
Hastie, P. (2012). Foundations of moving & learning. San Diego, CA. Bridgepoint Education, Inc.
A Little Extra Information:
Physical activity is important to keep children at a healthy weight, but it also helps children with lower stress levels, higher self-esteems, and healthy habits that will stick throughout their life.
Sticking to well balanced meals involving all of the food groups can provide your family with the basic nutritional needs and well formed eating habits.
Getting your family involved in community activities and physical movement will help children not only develop healthy activity habits, but also social health as well.