Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
French and Indian War
Transcript of French and Indian War
French & Indian War
France and England claim the
Ohio River Valley
George Washington begins fighting
by killing a French diplomat
Claimed lands extending into Ohio River Valley
13 governments = organizational problems
Attempt to gain support of Iroquois
Large centralized populations easy to defend
Claimed Ohio River Valley for trade
Built forts on Ohio River to protect trade routes
1 government = easy organization
Gained support of Algonquin and Huron
Small dispersed population difficult to defend
Early French Victories at Forts Duquesne and Necessity
England, under William Pitt, mobilized more troops to turn the tide at Quebec, Montreal, Duquesne, and Louisburg.
France and England sign the Treaty of Paris in 1763 which gives the Ohio River Valley to England.
England institutes the Proclamation Line of 1763!