Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Energy Project
What is Energy? in terms of chemistry.
Energy is defined in science as the ability to do work. It is a scalar physical quantity. Although energy is conserved, there are many different types of energy, such as kinetic energy, potential energy, light, sound, and nuclear energy.
what is ocean thermal?
- it's a process that can produce electricity by using the temperature difference between deep cold ocean water and warm tropical surface waters. Plants pump large quantities of deep cold seawater and surface seawater to run a power cycle and produce electricity.
this is eco friendly
On an average day, the world's oceans absorb an amount of energy equivalent to 250 million barrels of oil, approximately 4,000 times the population's current energy needs
OTEC can also support numerous spin-off industries.
At present, government subsidies are required to make OTEC energy economically viable
According to UNCLOS, coastal nations are given 3-, 12- and 200-mile zones of varying legal authority. The amount of political autonomy among these zones varies greatly
Def; - Relating to or determined by the sun.
Def; Geothermal energy is heat energy generated and stored in the Earth.
Image by goodtextures: http://fav.me/d2he3r8
theses are the
- Solar power can be used to generate electricity, it is also used in relatively simple technology to heat water solar water heaters
- Solar energy is a resource that is not only sustainable for energy consumption, it is indefinitely renewable.
-The primary disadvantage of solar power is that it obviously cannot be created during the night.
-Solar panel energy output is maximized when the panel is directly facing the sun.
-No Fuel Needed
- Abundant Supply
-Suitable to Particular Region
-High Initial Costs
-Cost of Powering the Pump
def ;Tidal energy is a form of hydropower that converts the energy of the tides into electricity or other useful forms of power.
- Tidal Energy is a renewable energy source.
- Tidal power is an environmentally friendly energy source. In addition to being a renewable energy, it does not emit any climate gases and does not take up a lot of space.
-As previously mentioned, the effects tidal power plants have on the environment are not completely determined yet. We know that these power plants generate green electricity.
-It is important to realize that the methods for generating electricity from tidal energy is a relatively are relatively new technologies. It is projected that tidal power will be commercially profitable within 2020 with better technology and larger scales.
in my personal thinking i believe that the u.s should invest money in solar energy, my reasoning's supporting my claim is that many people are aware of it today and it's more common to get rather to opposed into knowing something new and that people aware about.