Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
RAP Reading and Paraphrasing Strategy
Transcript of RAP Reading and Paraphrasing Strategy
By Richie Henderson, Josh Danishefsky, &
Current Strategy Use
- Not all students are able to read fluently with the material in a classroom environment.
- "Paraphrasing requires students to read text, ask questions about it to determine the main idea and other relevant information, and paraphrase the answers to these questions." (Salend, p. 303)
What does RAP stand for?
- R stands for "Reading the paragraph." (READ)
- First we will begin by breaking down the steps for you and showing you how we would do it.
- On your own or with a partner, read the passage handed out and use the steps to read, ask yourself the main idea, and paraphrase in your own words.
- This strategy can help improve reading comprehension in the classroom.
- A stands for "Asking yourself what was the main idea and the important supporting details."(ASK)
- P stands for "Putting the main idea and details in your own words." (Paraphrase)
- Students with certain learning disabilities may also have deficiencies with reading comprehension.
- All together, we will work as one to read the paragraph, ask ourselves the main idea and details, and then paraphrase in our own words.
- Together as a class, we will look at another article and use the three steps to better understand the reading.