Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Thesis Statement for a Research Paper
Transcript of Thesis Statement for a Research Paper
What Is a Thesis Statement?
that describes that the whole paper is about
of the introduction (
Adolf Hitler impacted World War II by invading other countries, forcing Jews into concentration camps, and sending all eligible German males to war.
A. Topic (noun)
B. Specific Action (verb phrase)
C. Importance (verb phrase[s])
Choose a topic!!
(Look at the topic list given to you.)
Ask yourself this question...
Why does this topic matter? What is so important or significant about this thing?
Example Using Structure
A. Main Topic (noun): Adolf Hitler
B. Action (verb): impacted World War II
C. Importance (phrases):
- by invading other countries
- forcing Jews into concentration camps
- sending all eligible German males to war.
(Animal) impacted human history.
Take your answer to the question in Step 2, and get as specific as you possibly can.
NOTE: This part might require a wee bit of initial research.
The horse's impact on humans:
- ease of movement for people and goods
- faster travel from one place to another
- warfare and the cavalry
- communication between distant peoples
Now put it all together!
B. Impacted human history
C. Made movement between locations easier, allowed for quicker communication, and provided more power during wartime
Yeah, But in a Sentence:
Horses impacted human history by making movement between locations easier, allowing for quicker communication, and providing more power during wartime.
You have done TWO THINGS!!!!
1. You wrote a thesis statement. Yay!
2. You outlined your entire research paper. Huzzah!