Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Why I am Awesome
Transcript of Why I am Awesome
Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others. —Jack Welch
-After looking at some negative aspects, we will now look at some positive ones.
- There are many things I need to work on
- Understanding controlled and uncontrolled adjustments
-e.x height & outlook
- I will be focusing on the personality traits and leading styles that I think need improvement
-Not only do I want to strive to be an "awesome" individual, but also to make others "awesome" as well.
-We will go through what I consider to be my greatest personal achievements, some of my personality traits, and some characteristics of who I am.
"Quick to Judge"
- Find myself making opinions based on what others think
- Inaccurate first impressions
-Makes me "put up a wall"
- Need to get to know people first
"My Way or No Way" -Very Independent
- Always voice my opinion (Good and Bad)
- Results in a lot of arguments
- Gravitates myself towards those with similar opinions
- Need to listen and understand others
- Have a hard time seeing alternate opinions and ideas
- Work best independently, and often find group work frustrating
- Sometimes hard to cooperate with
- Need to expand my horizon and give other ideas a chance
- "If it's not perfect, why do it" mentality
- Good and bad
- Very time consuming, causes frustration in others
- Need to look at what's important and compress time spent
- Get frustrated and annoyed easily
- If someone doesn't get something, I have a hard time coping with them
- In most scenarios, the smallest things can throw me off
- Need to work on understanding and coping
-what does it mean?
-why is it significant?
-how does it tie into my idea of a leader?
-who is Jack Welch?
Career Relating to my Quote
Teacher or Professor
- All about leading others
- About the kids, not you
- Successful teachers are not necessarily the most successful individuals
-Sometimes the smartest teachers aren't the best teachers
But is it right for me?
BA in Mathematics for Education- York University
Concurrent BA/ BEd (Honours course)- Brock University
- 5 year Program
- General Teaching Degree
- Combines Bachelor of Arts program with Teaching program
- Direct from Highschool
- Co-op is offered
- For Grades 4-12
- 4 year program
- For math teachers
- Receive BA
- Direct from high school
- For Grades 7+
"Thirsty for Knowledge"
Sense of Humour
-good in some situations, not so good in leadership
- Ability to laugh at myself
- Generally fun guy to be around
-Try to keep even serious topics light in mood
- Add humour to make boring tasks more fun to motivate others
- Have no problem with saying the cold hard truth
- "It's easier to tell the truth then to lie anyways"
- Honesty is the key to any type of relationship
- Builds trust
-rather sacrifice something by telling the truth than try to save it by lying
- I think this is a main contributor in my academic success
-"You never stop learning"
- WANT to learn versus NEED to learn.
- A habit that will help me all throughout my life
- One of my favourite traits
-Creativity leads to expressing, expressing leads to influence
- Songwriting, hockey, video editing
- Without creativity, our world would be a very boring place
-Won't settle for anything less than the best
- Once I set my eyes on something, there's no stopping me
- Setbacks and roadblocks don't stop me
- I'll go to the extremes
-Drives me to reach my full potential
-We all have our strengths and flaws, and that's what makes us unique.
"Thick Skinned" somethings, but when someone crosses a line I make sure they know it
- if someone's mad and I agree with the opposing opinion, I'll tell them