Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Elements and Organization of Music
Transcript of Elements and Organization of Music
design by Dóri Sirály for Prezi
also known as Tone Color or Tone Quality. The characteristics of the sound itself.
The sound of solo or section instruments is also an aspect of timbre.
In simple terms, timbre is what makes a particular musical sound different from another, Experienced musicians are able to distinguish between different instruments based on their varied timbres, even if those instruments are playing notes at the same pitch and loudness.
the overall structure or plan of a piece of music
, and it describes the layout of a composition as divided into sections.The term is regularly used in two senses:
to denote a standard type, or genre, and
to denote the procedures in a specific work.
The nomenclature for the various musical formal types may be determined by the medium of performance, the technique of composition, or by function.
Form or Musical Form
Tone Color or Timbre
is a particular type or category of literature or art
is a conventional category that identifies pieces of music as belonging to a shared tradition or set of conventions.
It is to be distinguished from musical form and musical style, although in practice these terms are sometimes used interchangeably.
Style or Music Genre
relating to, or proceeding by three.
is a three-part musical form where the first section (A) is repeated after the second section (B) ends. Ternary has three main keys for example A–B–A .
is a three-part A–B–A structure in a piece of music. The first and third parts (A) are musically identical, or very nearly so, while the second part (B) contrasts sharply with it. The B section is often known as a trio.
In a complex ternary form each section is itself in ternary form in the scheme of (A–B–A–C–D–C–A–B–A).
Elements of Music
Reporter: King Jeffrey B. Orenio
is a musical form made up of two constrasting melodic idea, both of which are usually repeated.
used of measure or rhythm , having two musical subjects or two complementary sections.
Binary form was popular in the Baroque period, often used to structure movements of keyboard sonatas. It was also used for short, one-movement works. Around the middle of the 18th century.
Organization of Duration
Thank You For Listening! :) :D
- defines musical form as 'a series of strategies designed to find a successful mean between the opposite extremes of unrelieved repetition and unrelieved alteration.
- "the shape or structure of the work." In many cases, form depends on statement and restatement, unity and variety, and contrast and connection.