Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Imperialism in Southeast Asia
Transcript of Imperialism in Southeast Asia
Desire for more land
Need for trade and resources
Desire for power
Laws of Primogeniture
Overcrowding of urban areas
More trade opportunities
Many countries in Europe were ruled by monarchs
Citizens did not have much say in how life was managed
People felt restricted
Europe Southeast Asia
Wanted resources, backdoor to China
The Dutch controlled Indonesia
The Germans controlled Malayan Peninsula
The French controlled Indochina(Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia)
The Spanish controlled the Philippines
More space for people and farming
export based economy
Europe conquered resistance from natives
Europeans were there for about four centuries