Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
TV News Presentation
Transcript of TV News Presentation
Basic - Day 1 AM
- Establishing principles
- Your voice & presenting style
- Physicality of presenting
- Overcoming nerves
- Getting to grips with Autocue
Advanced - Day 2
- TV News interview skills
- Presenting a bulletin & DTLs
- Dealing with 'disaster' scenarios & Breaking News
Intermediate - PM
- Dealing with Talkback
- Importance of the Director
- Presenting a bulletin
Schedule, aims & objectives...
Anyone know this man?
Prof Albert Mehrabian
Emeritus of Psychology, UCLA
Source: Decoding of Inconsistent Communications, Mehrabian 1967
"Audiences make up their minds,
about TV presenters, within
Jackie Bird, BBC Scotland Controller,
BBC Academy #expertwomen, August 2013
Earpieces & dealing with "Talkback"
THE VOICES IN YOUR HEAD
...is in control
What do you mean... "Cue on" or "Bong"???
Knowing the instructions
"They write scripts.
They rewrite scripts.
They get scripts rewritten by the boss.
They rewrite the rewritten script.
They bin that script and start again.
They then rehearse.
Then rehearse some more and if there’s time rehearse again."
Bill Grist, Former Executive Producer, BBC