Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Mirror Effect
Transcript of The Mirror Effect
by: Jenny Zelaya
Previous Research Conuducted
Mirroring is the behavior in which a person subconsciously imitates the gesture, speech pattern, or attitude of another. The mirror effect can lead to the individual building rapport which is a close and harmonious relationship in which the people or groups concerned understand each others feelings or ideas and communicate well.
In 1999, 2 professors from NYU conducted experiments to learn more about the chameleon effect.
I chose to observe 50 individuals and as i talked to them i changed my behavior and gestures. My results were that most of the individuals changed their behavior and mirrored mine.