Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Marketing Analytics: Markov Decision Process
Transcript of Marketing Analytics: Markov Decision Process
Segment Strategy Allocates customers to various segments based on demographics etc. Traditional analytics are product centric, and lack accuracy and efficiency 3-Step Methodology:
1. Segmentation and Strategy
2. Customer Dynamics via Predictive Models
3. Marketing Campaign & Execution 2. Customer Dynamics
via Predictive Modeling 3. Marketing Campaigns
& Execution Models customer behavior with respect
to propensity for product offerings Optimize Portfolio valuation by maximizing
revenue and allocating the budget efficiently Products may be profitable but not necessarily efficient Example:Offering a 20% discount on memberships when 10% is enough Problem: Problem: Problem: Markov Decision Process Mathematical technique used to model customer behavior and calculate lifetime value in marketing analytics Components of MDP:
1. Set of states (S1, S2 etc.)
2. Actions (special offer, club membership etc.)
3. Transitional probabilities
4. Expected value Solutions & Benefits 1. Segmentation &
Segment Strategy 2. Customer Dynamics
via Predictive Models 3. Marketing Campaigns
& Execution Adding variables such as loyalty, value
metrics allows for more detailed
and accurate segmentation Customer behavior can be
modeled with better finesse More of the customer base is reached Customer Centric:
Creates a sequence of actions
based on the customer Optimizes marketing budget allocation using portfolio diversification techniques This policy obtained will give
the fraction of customers to be
targeted with a specific action
to achieve portfolio optimization A MDP model is derived with a list of policies based on the various states a customer can be in and the resulting probabilities