Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of 221X Lesson 9 - Hypothesis Testing
Transcript of Copy of 221X Lesson 9 - Hypothesis Testing
"Daniel can discern more truth"
Collect Data -
Describe Data -
Make Inference -
Take Action -
Population of USA
Hyp Test Process
Infer findings to
z - score
t - statistic
normal distribution with
mean = 0
sd = 1
not technically "normal"
based on n (sample size)
df = v = n - 1
right skewed distribution
df1 and df2
- the chance of observing an event (sample), as extreme or more, assuming the Ho is actually True
How does p-value compare to
If p-value < α : REJECT Ho
If p-value > α :
Fail to REJECT Ho
Ho: "Null Hypothesis"
Generally accepted to be true
not an equal sign
Ha: "Alternative Hypothesis"
"There is sufficient evidence to support <Ha>"
Fail to Reject:
"There is insufficient evidence to support <Ha>"
alpha = level of significance
P(Type I error) = alpha
- From applet try to identify how α and B are related