Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of 221X Lesson 9 - Hypothesis Testing
Transcript of Copy of 221X Lesson 9 - Hypothesis Testing
"Daniel can discern more truth"
Collect Data -
Describe Data -
Make Inference -
Take Action -
Population of USA
Hyp Test Process
Infer findings to
z - score
t - statistic
normal distribution with
mean = 0
sd = 1
not technically "normal"
based on n (sample size)
df = v = n - 1
right skewed distribution
df1 and df2
- the chance of observing an event (sample), as extreme or more, assuming the Ho is actually True
How does p-value compare to
If p-value < α : REJECT Ho
If p-value > α :
Fail to REJECT Ho
Ho: "Null Hypothesis"
Generally accepted to be true
not an equal sign
Ha: "Alternative Hypothesis"
"There is sufficient evidence to support <Ha>"
Fail to Reject:
"There is insufficient evidence to support <Ha>"
alpha = level of significance
P(Type I error) = alpha
- From applet try to identify how α and B are related