Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Virtual Reality,
An Emerging Market
We specialize in integrating emerging virtual reality technologies into commercial, industrial, and academic packages
Our developers currently support both student and faculty bases at multiple universities
The biggest challenge associated with VR is keeping up with the expanding nature of both hardware and software platforms.
• Allows developers and engineers to experience and engage with 3D data in a fully immersible 3D environment
• The opportunity to modernize image and branding
• Improves developer attention and efficiency in the workflow process
Small tech company
Founded in 2012
First commercially viable virtual reality headset
Purchased by Facebook for $2,000,000,000
Facebook launches consumer version mid 2015
Oculus Rift Headset
Multiple 3D, 2D, and textual data sets pulled into VR from Remcom Software
The ability to visualize and analyze this data with novel methods
Novel export functions allowing data to be pulled to Mathematica
Control and manipulation techniques implemented within the VR platform
New Motion Systems and Controls
Offers entirely new methods for users to control their digital devices with advanced motion detection systems.
Impact of VR
Establish multiple VR research projects and communities
Produce a major partnership with a scientific data visualization company
Work towards a dynamic user interface linking software to VR
Other interesting VR applications include..
Machine learning & AI
Motion controlled interfaces
Large equipment hazard training
And many more....
Academic Research Areas
Sociology of VR ecology
Psychology of VR users
Physiological effects of VR
Moral and ethical issues in VR
Novel training techniques