Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Stereotypes in Magazines
Transcript of Stereotypes in Magazines
- 'Muscles, abs and strength = masculinity'
- Use of athlete to portray a 'real' man who plays sports, works out and eats healthy
-> "Power up your diet"
-> "Get lean and muscular"
- Created through athletes Stereotypes given in product ads - Sketchers Advertisement
- Kim Kardashian: well known reality- star and model
- Slim, neutral make- up, perfect hair
- Makes it look as though she uses the product to get/ keep her figure and look 'healthy' Stereotypes on Ethnicity - Time Magazine in 1987
- Asians stereotyped as being very smart and all rounded with their subjects
- Stereotypical nerd
- Stereotype is said to boost their confidence
- Comes from: Asian's seeing education as social advancement and as an important factor Weight Stereotypes - Glamour Magazine
- Two different sized women
- Judging people and making assumptions based on their bodily appearances
- Created by celebrities, magazines, media Stereotypical Product Ad - If women wear this make up, men won't be able to resist them
- That this celebrity wears 'Max' make-up
- Wearing this make- up will make you look 'sexy'
- Makes women look like sex objects
- Women should only care about their looks
- Looks like a trophy What is a stereotype? A popular belief that people have about specific individuals or groups. The Perfect Couple - Pregnant woman
- Woman: gentle smile
-> kind woman