Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Footprints for College & Career Readiness
Transcript of Footprints for College & Career Readiness
Ways Education Pays
Ways to Pay For Education
* 8 STEPS:THRIVING
* 5 Ways College Pays
* 4 Ways to Pay
Type your contact info here!
Footprints for College & Career Readiness (CCR)
Walk Away Exercise
Discuss with each other and make a list of three classes and activities you're interested in or that you enjoy.
Discuss four ways that you can explore college and careers through volunteering and community activities.
Ways Education Pays
Steps to be College & Career Ready!
Ways to Pay for Education
STEPS TO COLLEGE AND CAREER READINESS
hink about your Aspirations
ave an Academic Plan
eady yourself with "Extra's"
nvestigate, Explore & Expand Options
alidate your knowledge/strengths
dentify financial resources
avigate college admissions
et ready for the transition & GO!
Step "T": Think about your Aspirations!
Step "I": Identify Financial Resources
* Competitive Interest Rates
* Some loan forgiveness after
a period of public service
* Must be repaid: not forgiven
even in the event of bankruptcy
* FAFSA Application
* Typically higher interest rates
* Ineligible for federal consolidation
* Federal or State
* Typically needs-based
*Qualify with the FAFSA
* Academic and need based
* Community organization or
* Regents' Scholarship and
New Century Scholarship
* Great way to earn money
while employed in an
on-campus job related
* Utah educational
* Tax deferred benefits
* Flexible options including
ability to transfer account
to another family member