Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of TEFLON!!!!!
Teflon is a non-stick coating substance created by Dupont
What's it used in?
paints, fabrics, carpets, home furnishings, clothing
Presented to you by: Ryan Woods and Hanna Shiakallis
Made in 1938
Intro to engineering; 1st block
It has 5 patents from 1939 to 1995
Chemical Engineers used chemicals in order to create a new chemical, which is Teflon. Teflon can then be applied to various products.
First sold commercially
Differentversion called PFE realeased
Also known as PTFE
Another version called Tefzel® or ETFE released
Final version called PFA released
Which Engineering disciplines were essential to the creation of the product?
What impact on society has Teflon had?
Teflon has become an important household name in a wide variety of products. It is relatively safe for the environment, as it doesn't chemically react with anything to make it toxic.