Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Benefits of LinkedIn
Transcript of The Benefits of LinkedIn
1. Posting Updates
2. Showing your VALUE 24/7
3. Commenting on content of your network posts
Your own professional philosophy on "network sharing"
We Cannot Ignore Social Media...
Millions of members
Top in a Google search hit
Research and Recruiting Services
People are researching your "web footprint"
85 of the Fortune 100 use LinkedIn hiring solutions
Where are they NOW?
University Pages Options
Alum Career Path (164,597)
Where do they work?
What do they do?
Becoming FEE based (Job Board)
TOP of the Pile...
"$29.95 per month “Job Seeker Premium”
Web presence can also keep you unemployed...
Evidence of drinking and/or drug use
Profile displayed poor communication skills
He/she bad-mouthed previous employers
He/she made discriminatory comments related to race, gender, or religion
He/she lied about their qualifications
NEW as of August 2013
6.46 million LinkedIn passwords leaked online
Change Your PASSWORD
Not TOO much contact info
Turn on LinkedIn's Secure Browsing Mode
Using Alumni Tools...
1. View major and path with outcomes in mind
2. Explore industries & paths outside of major
3. Determine top skills to develop now
4. Find contacts outside of geographic area
5. Connect with an insider at an employer of interest
6. See how skills can be transferable
7. Discover the value of a network
LinkedIn Dos & Don'ts
-Keep it professional & appropriate. Think 1st
-Reach out & make meaningful connections.
-Seek out intentional testimonials & genuine endorsements
-Choose groups carefully
LinkedIn Dos & Don'ts
-Don't "Blanket Connect"
-LinkedIn is different than other social
-Avoid being over-active and inactive
-Professional vs. Personal
Average household income
Average years of experience
– 15 yrs.
– 41 yrs.
36% are “decision-makers”
Who do you know?
LinkedIn tells you WHOM you know....
3 Degrees of Connection!
Warning :BUSINESS AUDIENCE
Path to Profile
7.Groups and associations
8.Ensure you have a “Fully Completed Profile"