Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Software Factory
Which methodology ?
Continuous improvement loop
Increased quality & stablilty
Realtime feedback & Fail Fast
How to build a
Continuous Delivery Loop
In charge of tasks...
- source code management
- building and compilation of the source code
- source code checking (syntax & compliance)
- assembly (creation of deployable packages)
- automated tests
- environment spawning
- project lifecycle management (release, sprint start/stop..)
- reporting, and release notes publication
A short definition
"Set of tools, conventions and processes giving BA, Developpers and QA capacity to build, test and deploy software components in an automated way"
It is an implementation of a software delivery pipeline
A complete overview
by Nhan Ngo @Spotify
Continuous delivery of value to customers
What for ?
Which benefits ?
Which tools ?
... (lots of) tools !
- Run acceptance test
- Check code quality
- Measure coverage
- Non regression tests
- Backlog management
- Progress report
- Living documentation
Let's get started !
- Most tools are OpenSource
- Fast & easy deployment
- Main costs are projects transformation, coaching & support
1/ Choose a project (6-10 members) for a POC
2/ Observation from within, acquire technical & functional knowledge, choose KPI and list pain points
3/ Backlog building : improvements & transformation propositions, on both tools & methodology, aiming continuous delivery
4/ Short iteration : work on chosen items with the team
5/ Measure KPI and report progress during a retrospective
- Software factory fast deployment
- Continuous integration
- Automated deployment
- Zero down time
- Test Driven Development
- Behavior Driven Development
- Refactoring legacy code
- Continuous Improvement
- Value Stream Mapping
- Business & IT collaboration
"Continuous Delivery" transformation program :
- Team assessments (both technical & methodology)
- Transformation coaching on Agile, Craft, Devops
- Workshops, Serious games, katas..
Agile software factory creation based on (lots of) existing tools :
- technical harmonization & convergence
- built with Chef, OpenStack, Ruby, Jenkins, Maven, Php, Sonar, MCollective, Docker..
- Integration of 20+ projects
- Agile coaching and support
Software factory operation :
- Built with Puppet, VmWare, Docker...
- Technical harmonization
- Creation of Puppet recipes standards
- Tooling maintenance
- Technical support
- Edit source code
- Merge modifications into SCM
- Integrate the changes
- Build deployable package
- Upload archives on shared server
- Create a tagged version
- Database migration
- Deploy applicative packages
- Update configuration
- Provide physical/virtual machines
- Handle infrastructure services
- Configure platforms (OS)
- Logs agregation
- Functional data analysis