Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Software Factory
Which methodology ?
Continuous improvement loop
Increased quality & stablilty
Realtime feedback & Fail Fast
How to build a
Continuous Delivery Loop
In charge of tasks...
- source code management
- building and compilation of the source code
- source code checking (syntax & compliance)
- assembly (creation of deployable packages)
- automated tests
- environment spawning
- project lifecycle management (release, sprint start/stop..)
- reporting, and release notes publication
A short definition
"Set of tools, conventions and processes giving BA, Developpers and QA capacity to build, test and deploy software components in an automated way"
It is an implementation of a software delivery pipeline
A complete overview
by Nhan Ngo @Spotify
Continuous delivery of value to customers
What for ?
Which benefits ?
Which tools ?
... (lots of) tools !
- Run acceptance test
- Check code quality
- Measure coverage
- Non regression tests
- Backlog management
- Progress report
- Living documentation
Let's get started !
- Most tools are OpenSource
- Fast & easy deployment
- Main costs are projects transformation, coaching & support
1/ Choose a project (6-10 members) for a POC
2/ Observation from within, acquire technical & functional knowledge, choose KPI and list pain points
3/ Backlog building : improvements & transformation propositions, on both tools & methodology, aiming continuous delivery
4/ Short iteration : work on chosen items with the team
5/ Measure KPI and report progress during a retrospective
- Software factory fast deployment
- Continuous integration
- Automated deployment
- Zero down time
- Test Driven Development
- Behavior Driven Development
- Refactoring legacy code
- Continuous Improvement
- Value Stream Mapping
- Business & IT collaboration
"Continuous Delivery" transformation program :
- Team assessments (both technical & methodology)
- Transformation coaching on Agile, Craft, Devops
- Workshops, Serious games, katas..
Agile software factory creation based on (lots of) existing tools :
- technical harmonization & convergence
- built with Chef, OpenStack, Ruby, Jenkins, Maven, Php, Sonar, MCollective, Docker..
- Integration of 20+ projects
- Agile coaching and support
Software factory operation :
- Built with Puppet, VmWare, Docker...
- Technical harmonization
- Creation of Puppet recipes standards
- Tooling maintenance
- Technical support
- Edit source code
- Merge modifications into SCM
- Integrate the changes
- Build deployable package
- Upload archives on shared server
- Create a tagged version
- Database migration
- Deploy applicative packages
- Update configuration
- Provide physical/virtual machines
- Handle infrastructure services
- Configure platforms (OS)
- Logs agregation
- Functional data analysis