Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Parts of an Argumentative Essay
Transcript of The Parts of an Argumentative Essay
What kind of topics make a good argumentative topic? Let's brainstorm
What is an argumentative essay?
When you think "
", do you think this
For an argumentative essay, you should think this
- a reason or set of reasons that you use to show that something is true or correct
- an argument that goes against, or opposite your argument
) - act of showing that an argument is incorrect or not true
How does this work?
"The government should make smoking illegal."
"But that takes away a person's freedom."
"Smoke harms even people that don't smoke when they must be around it. People do not have freedom to hurt other people.
Get into assigned groups. One group will be for (pro), and one will be against (con). The last group will be judges.
You have 5 minutes to come up with 3 arguments for your side. Write them on the board.
The judges will pick the best argument for each side.