Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Advertisement
How many adverts do you see during one day?
Plan for this lesson:
2.Introduction to new topic: Advertisement
(3.Working in pairs: making an advert)
By the end of the lesson you will be able to:
Tell what the purpose of an advert is
Tell which strategies are used in adverts
( Make an advert)
What is an advert?
Where do we find adverts?
What are adverts used for?
1. A product
You need to find a product that you want to promote.
2. A target group
Who would be interested in buying this product?
3. A logo
A good logo will help people to recognize you product.
4. A slogan
A slogan is often a catchy phrase that will help people to remember your product.
1. Ethos (Credibility)
2. Pathos (Emotional appeal)
3. Logos (Logic and reason)
= Convincing by the character of the person trying to sell a product.
Important to project to a buyer that you are someone worth listening to, that you are likeable and worthy of respect.
Who would you choose to promote shampoo?
Pathos (Emotional appeal) :
Persuading by appealing to the buyers emotions.
For instance using: sadness, humor, irony in adverts to evoke the buyers emotions.
Next you will watch a commercial that uses this technique:
Logos (Logic and reason):
=Persuading by the use of reasoning.
The use of facts and/or statistics to help support the arguments when selling a product.
In the next video you will see how this technique has been used:
1. Work in pairs
2. Make an advert on a poster where you include:
- Pictures and information about your product.
- A logo
- A slogan
- At least one of the three persuasive techniques you have learned.
Assessment: Oral presentation in week 3. You will not get grades, however you will get individual feedback.
You will find more information on the handout you will be given next week.
A picture, short film, song etc. that tries to persuade people to buy a product or service.
Refers to radio and television paid for by advertisements that are broadcast between and during programmes.
You will now watch an IKEA commercial.
Answer these questions:
1. Which techniques have been used?
2. What do think is the purpose of this commercial?
3. Do you believe this was successful? Why/Why not?
There are mainly three techniques you can use to convince someone to buy your product. The three persuasive techniques are:
An advertisement usually consists of four components:
Can you recognize the product, the logo and the slogan?
The correct answer is:
We see as many as 2000-4000 adverts every day!