Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Advertisement
How many adverts do you see during one day?
Plan for this lesson:
2.Introduction to new topic: Advertisement
(3.Working in pairs: making an advert)
By the end of the lesson you will be able to:
Tell what the purpose of an advert is
Tell which strategies are used in adverts
( Make an advert)
What is an advert?
Where do we find adverts?
What are adverts used for?
1. A product
You need to find a product that you want to promote.
2. A target group
Who would be interested in buying this product?
3. A logo
A good logo will help people to recognize you product.
4. A slogan
A slogan is often a catchy phrase that will help people to remember your product.
1. Ethos (Credibility)
2. Pathos (Emotional appeal)
3. Logos (Logic and reason)
= Convincing by the character of the person trying to sell a product.
Important to project to a buyer that you are someone worth listening to, that you are likeable and worthy of respect.
Who would you choose to promote shampoo?
Pathos (Emotional appeal) :
Persuading by appealing to the buyers emotions.
For instance using: sadness, humor, irony in adverts to evoke the buyers emotions.
Next you will watch a commercial that uses this technique:
Logos (Logic and reason):
=Persuading by the use of reasoning.
The use of facts and/or statistics to help support the arguments when selling a product.
In the next video you will see how this technique has been used:
1. Work in pairs
2. Make an advert on a poster where you include:
- Pictures and information about your product.
- A logo
- A slogan
- At least one of the three persuasive techniques you have learned.
Assessment: Oral presentation in week 3. You will not get grades, however you will get individual feedback.
You will find more information on the handout you will be given next week.
A picture, short film, song etc. that tries to persuade people to buy a product or service.
Refers to radio and television paid for by advertisements that are broadcast between and during programmes.
You will now watch an IKEA commercial.
Answer these questions:
1. Which techniques have been used?
2. What do think is the purpose of this commercial?
3. Do you believe this was successful? Why/Why not?
There are mainly three techniques you can use to convince someone to buy your product. The three persuasive techniques are:
An advertisement usually consists of four components:
Can you recognize the product, the logo and the slogan?
The correct answer is:
We see as many as 2000-4000 adverts every day!