Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Spread of Buddhism
Transcript of Spread of Buddhism
Do Now - April 9, 2015
1. Define "Nirvana"
2. Who was Siddartha Gautama?
spread from India
to China to Korea to Japan.
Make a prediction: What caused
this religion to spread so far?
MAP SCAVENGER HUNT
Write your answers below the map on Page 1
Which reason does this
How do you know?
Turn your packet over to the back:
What have you done in the past to be a member of the CALS community? What will you do in the future?
TODAY'S LEARNING OBJECTIVE
SWBAT investigate the 4 main causes of the spread of
Buddhism (Religious, Political, Economic and Social) by identifying quotes that support each reason when reading informative texts.
You MUST keep:
-Pink Historical Significance Paper
-Anything related to Japan or China
Buddhism is the fourth largest religion in the world!
1. Final Resume Drafts
2. Last Trimester's blue late passes
500 million Buddhists in the world
1.2 million Buddhists in the United States
1. What years does the map represent?
2. How many countries does Buddhism travel to in the map? (Hint: CAPITAL LETTERS)
3. Look at the different "colors" on the map. What 2 countries does Buddhism reach last?
4. In what centuries does Buddhism reach these last countries?
Individual, pairs or group work
What reason does this image represent?
How do you know?