Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Prepositional phrases
Examples of Prepositional phrases
The following sentences contain examples of prepositional phrases.
up the very steep
The rabbits hopped
The rabbits hopped
through the perfectly
A preposition is a word which comes before a noun (or
a pronoun) to show the noun's (or the pronoun's) relationship to another word in the sentence.
For example: The bird is inside the tree.
(Bird is a
, inside is the
and tree is a
It shows the relationship between the bird and the tree. It also shows
the bird is.
The word that comes after the preposition eg
is the object.
What are prepositions?
What words are prepositions?
Can you write down as many prepositions as you can?
Prepositions are used to show
direction, location time and or to introduce an object
; in relation to the other words in a sentence.
These are some common prepositions
A prepositional phrase is a group of words and is part of a sentence.
It starts with a
ends with an
(noun or pronoun), and may have
before the object (adjectives or adverbs).
Lets watch this video on prepositional phrases
1. It is an area with a beautiful view of sand and sea.
2. The table of contents is found near the front of the book.
3. The first automobile show was held in New York City in 1900.
5. The inventor of the telephone was born in Scotland.
6. We stayed inside the building during the storm.
7. The box on the table should be taken to the storeroom before lunch.
8. The bridge across the stream was destroyed.
10. A box of rusty nails was in the garage.
What are they?
Write down the prepositional phrases in the following sentences. Some sentences have more than one prepositional phrase.
1. Choose five of the prepositions you wrote down.
2. Write them in a prepositional phrase.
down the street
3. Then put the prepositional phrases in a sentence.
I walked down the street to the shops.