Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Scaffolding
Are careful to test out the scaffolding" indicates the new build of friendship, with words such as 'careful' and 'test' showing cautiousness of the people. This is also an extended and running metaphor which is further developed in the poem. Overview In the lines "So if, my dear, there sometimes seem to be,
Old bridges breaking between you and me,
This is a reference to arguments that are supposedly bound to occur in a relationship.
"We may let the scaffolds fall,
Confident that we have built our wall" is the final stanza which explains how the blocks they used to get to know each other are not needed, as they both feel as one, and this bond between them is the final outcome (as shown by the visual scaffolds coming down, to show off the final product). In the lines
"And yet all this comes down when the job's done
Showing off walls of sure and solid stone" which reflects the time when the bond betweem the two has occured and how trust allows commitment to come.