Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Getting Involved in College Clubs and Organizations
Transcript of Getting Involved in College Clubs and Organizations
Why Join Clubs and Organizations?!
CULTURAL & MINORITY
Getting Involved in
College Clubs & Organizations
student organizations are such a huge component of student life.
- A group of people sharing a common interest who form an organization.
-They are well supported by University administration and there are many advantages of being part of a student club or organization
- Gets students involved in the school life and the community.
- to develop new friendships & create
long lasting memories
Meeting new people and friends from other sister organizations or school clubs
Making connections (internships, jobs, etc)
Meeting the "need to knows"
Events geared towards creating future leaders of tomorrow of their participants.
Opportunities geared towards creating future leaders from their participants
Open to more Opportunities
Add to your Resume
Traveling (sports, seminars,etc)
What are they!!!!
CAN ANYONE JOIN?
OF COURSE BUT...................
Different clubs and organizations have different sets of requirements to join.
Be a student
Meet satisfactory Academic Progress (have a GPA above a 2.0)
Be a certain Major
Be a scholarship recipient
and other requirements may need to be met.
Very important to make sure you meet the requirements for the club or organization you are trying to be a part of.
When and Where Can You Join?
-Welcome Week (1st week of school)
University Websites/ Online Registration
Inducted in Organization based on grades (notified by mail or email)
School Social Events
Or just reaching out on campus
Usually happens during certain days or all year round depending on the organization/club.
It's a great way to get involved in campus life and make the most of your college experience.
When joining a club or organization remember find the one(s) that best fits you and that will benefit your experience in college.
" A college education isn't just what you learn in the classroom" - Meg Tompkins (UTSA Graduate of Spring 2013)
And finally enjoy your time in college and what better way than to get involved!
1. Pass out a 5x5 Bingo Card.
2. Each Bingo card will have a set of activities, interest, etc.
3. Each Student will find one person who fits what is in the box.
4. Although the students can only use one person twice, if the student gets bingo, each box must be a different person/name.
5. The first two to get Bingo (horizontal, vertical or diagonal) will get a prize.
6. Students will have 15 minutes to complete.