Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Talk 1: Being a Servant
Transcript of Talk 1: Being a Servant
Household Leaders Training 1
Why do we serve
Who are we as servants
How do we serve
Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they will be filled.
Blessed are the merciful, for they shall be shown mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called the sons of God.
Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.
Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
The Devil's Beatitudes
If the Devil were to write his Beatitudes, they would probably look like this:
Blessed are those who are too tired, too busy, too distracted to spend an hour once a week with their fellow Christians in church;
They are my best workers.
Blessed are those Christians who wait to be asked and expect to be thanked;
I can use them.
Blessed are the touchy; with a bit of luck, they may stop going to church;
They are my missionaries.
Blessed are those who are very religious but get on everyone's nerves;
They are mine forever.
Blessed are the troublemakers;
They shall be called my children.
Blessed are those who have no time to pray;
They are easy prey for me.
Blessed are the gossipers;
For they are my secret agents.
Blessed are those critical of church leadership;
For they shall inherit a place with me in my fate.
Blessed are the complainers;
I'm all ears for them.
“A Ministry for the Empowerment of Men For them to be Holy, Fulfilled and Productive”
CFC Servants of the Lord Vision:
Christian service is not simply
what you do
who or what you are as you do it.
Luke 10:38 42
38 As they continued their journey he entered a village where a woman whose name was Martha welcomed him. 39 She had a sister named Mary (who) sat beside the Lord at his feet listening to him speak. 40 Martha, burdened with much serving, came to him and said, "Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me by myself to do the serving? Tell her to help me." 41 The Lord said to her in reply, "Martha, Martha, you are anxious and worried about many things. 42 There is need of only one thing. Mary has chosen the better part and it will not be taken from her."
3 important New Testament passages
another person's property
no rights whatsoever
is not just another avenue for
obedience of a servant
Obedience cannot be halfway or half-hearted. Either Jesus is Lord of all areas of our life, or our ascription of master and Lord to him is meaningless.
Blessed are you when you attended the SOLD/HOLD HLT and believe it is not important to listen and think it is about other people and not yourself;
I've got you!
Obstacles to Obedience
1. Natural disinclination to being a
doing menial work
unable to become better on their own
Solution: Correct concept of being the
2. Natural disinclination to think of other people first instead of ourselves.
Solution: A fundamental reorientation of our lives.
3. Human rebelliousness.
Repent, and resolve to obey.
4. Lack of trust (in the Lord, our heads, our brothers and sisters).
God calls us to serve Him and will care for us as a loving Father.
God puts other people in headship position over us and He works through them.
God has called us into CFC to experience brotherhood and sisterhood in the Lord.
Some signs of maturity:
Christian wisdom and teachings are being applied to our lives.
are strong and full
Daily personal prayer.
Attendance at meetings.
Fidelity to service assigned
You are men of your word.
You are working on the various obstacles and shortcomings in your lives as Christians
You are servants who can serve without having to be acknowledged, appreciated or rewarded.
why live for the approval of men when you can have the approval of their Creator?
What can they give you that God can't?
We simply serve out of our love for God and neighbors
2 Cor 11:23 28
- 23 Are they ministers of Christ? (I am talking like an insane person.) I am still more, with far greater labors, far more imprisonments, far worse beatings, and numerous brushes with death. 24 Five times at the hands of the Jews I received forty lashes minus one. 25 Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned, three times I was shipwrecked, I passed a night and a day on the deep; 26 on frequent journeys, in dangers from rivers, dangers from robbers, dangers from my own race, dangers from Gentiles, dangers in the city, dangers in the wilderness, dangers at sea, dangers among false brothers; 27 in toil and hardship, through many sleepless nights, through hunger and thirst, through frequent fasting, through cold and exposure. 28 And apart from these things, there is the daily pressure upon me of my concern for all the churches.
Jn 12:24 26
24 Amen, amen, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains just a grain of wheat; but if it dies, it produces much fruit. 25 Whoever loves his life loses it, and whoever hates his life in this world will preserve it for eternal life. 26 Whoever serves me must follow me, and where I am, there also will my servant be. The Father will honor whoever serves me.
To be fruitful we must fall into the ground and die.
* We die to our self interest.
* We put the Lord first.
Our dying to ourselves is life giving to others.
We are all privileged to be the Lord's servants.
CFC Handmaids of the Lord Vision
"Women in the Holy Spirit joyfully proclaiming the greatness and glory of God as Mary did, by living out her Fiat, "I am the Handmaid of the Lord, may it be done to me according to Your word", in selfless love and discipleship."