Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Copy of Copy of Copy of Our ImPREZIve Solar System
Transcript of Copy of Copy of Copy of Copy of Our ImPREZIve Solar System
The Solar System
-About 350' F.
-Roman Gods named it.
- It is a orange and brown mix.
-Very thin atmosphere.
-Surface covered with craters.
- Made of rock and molten iron.
- Diameter is 4,879.4 km.
-Mercury is the first planet from the sun.
- Mercury takes 88 days to orbit around the sun.
-58.7 days to rotate on axis.
-Made of mostly rock.
-Most of the inner planets are too.
-863 F' (Hottest planet).
-Named after Roman god of love.
-Made of rock.
Diameter of planet : 12,100 km.
Atmosphere: Carbon Dioxide, Nitrogen, Sulfur Dioxide.
-2nd planet from sun.
- Venus takes 224 days to go around the sun.
- 116 earth days to go once on its axis.
-It has high pressure and is very dense.
-Have only sent probes to Venus.
- It is very hot.
- It is
-Where we live.
-Comes from the word dirt.
-About 69' F.
-3rd planet from sun.
- Atmosphere made up of four layers.
-Atmosphere contains mostly: Nitrogen, Oxygen, Carbon Dioxide, Argon.
- Earth's crust made up of rock. Then the Mantle, Outer core, and Inner core are all mostly hot magma, but the Inner core is a solid iron ball.
-Diameter is 12,742 km.
-Earth has one moon.
-Earth takes 24 hours to go once on its axis ( 1 day).
-365 days to go around the sun ( 1 year).
-Surface is 73% oceans and 27% percent land.
-Named after Roman god of war.
-Can be negative 195' F. to 70' F.
-4th planet from the sun.
- Mars is a
- Covered with oceans and canals.
- Has the largest volcano in the solar system (24 km high & 70 km wide).
- Has two moons: Phobos and Deimos.
- Mars has
polar ice caps.
-Mars has a thin atmosphere that is 95% Carbon dioxide.
- Made up of rock.
- Diameter is 6,792 km. long.
- Takes 24.6 hours to rotate on its axis.
- Takes 686 days to orbit around the sun.
- Nasa sent a probe to Mars to take pictures in 2005.
BY : HARRISON R. SOUSA
- It is a dwarf planet.
- Named after Roman god of the dead.
- Cold and icy (No determined temp.)
-Pluto has 3 moons
-Atmosphere contains: Nitrogen, Monoxide, Carbon, and Methane
- Takes 89,865. 65 days to orbit around the sun.
- Takes 3.4 days to rotate once on its axis.
- Named after Roman goddess of harvest.
- Negative 221' F.
-Largest object in the asteroid belt.
- Ceres takes 9.4 hours to rotate once on its axis.
- 4.6 years to orbit the sun.
- Has an ice crust.
- Possibility of life.
- Diameter is 950 km.
- Named after the Roman god of the sky.
-Largest planet in solar system.
-Temperature varies from negative 243' F to 17, 492' F.
- Fifth planet from the sun.
Jupiter has many features.
- Jupiter has a big red spot. It is a big storm that has been going on for 300 years.
- Jupiter has a thick atmosphere.
- The atmosphere is made up of mostly Hydrogen and Helium.(Very similar to a stars composition).
- Atmosphere also has water vapor, Methane, and Ammonia.
-Jupiter has one ring.
-Jupiter takes 10 hours to rotate once on its axis.
-Jupiter takes 12 days to go once around the sun.
-Jupiter has over 60 very small moons.
-Jupiter has a diameter of 139,822 km.
-Jupiter's surface is mostly made of Ammonia clouds.
- Jupiter is a
planet that can be very hot or very cold.
-NASA has sent probes to Jupiter.
-6th planet from the sun.
- Very cold. No approximate temperature.
-Named after Roman god of architecture.
-Saturn has more than a dozen rings.
- Only planet with clearly visible rings.
-Galileo discovered Saturn's rings.
- Rings made up of ice crystals.
-Saturn is a ball of gas. No solid surface.
-like Jupiter, its atmosphere is mostly made up of Hydrogen and Helium.
- Diameter is 119 km long.
- 29 years to orbit around the sun.
- 10 hours to rotate once on its axis.
- Has over 30 small moons.
- Biggest moon is Titan, which has its own atmosphere.
- NASA has sent probes to Saturn.
- Coldest planet in the solar system.
- Temp. varies from -240 to -370.
- Named after Greek god of the sky in Latin.
- Only planet named after a Greek god.
-7th planet from sun.
-Uranus has horizontal north and south poles.
-Probably because of a crater that might of hit it.
-Big ball of gas.
- It is blue because of the Methane in its atmosphere.
-Also has Hydrogen and Helium in its atmosphere.
-Diameter is 51,118 km.
-Rotates on axis in 17 hours.
-Orbits around sun in 84 years.
-27 known moons.
-Has 13 rings.
-NASA has sent probes to take pictures of Uranus.
- Named after the Roman god of the sea.
- It is negative 442' F.
- It is called an "Ice Giant"
- 8th planet from the sun.
- It is blue.
- Neptune has a black and blue spot which is a tornado the size of earth.
- 25% of its mass is rock.
- Its atmosphere is Hydrogen, Helium, and some Nitrogen.
- Its surface is covered with hills and craters.
- Diameter is 49,244 km.
- Orbits around sun every 164 years.
- Rotates on its axis every 16 hours.
- Has 13 known moons.
- The Voyager 2 went to Neptune in 1989.