Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
how it helps
Transcript of how it helps
rocks to release the gas
inside them. In the next
couple of decades, shale gas will reduce energy prices.
Water, sand and chemicals are injected into the rock at high pressure which allows the gas to flow through the fissures. A well then collects the gas where it can be stored.
Fracking produces half the emissions of coal based power stations.
It only costs $2.65 per 1000 cubic feet.
It could contribute significantly to the future of UK energy needs.
The US is producing 14% more of it's own energy since 2005.
It will reduce energy prices in the long term.
Creates pollution and harms the enviroment.
Causes small earthquakes.
It is a fossil fuel.
Use huge amounts of water.
Puts out chemicals.
It is distracting the government from other energy sources.
Looking after your world
An informative production on shale gas...