Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The past continuous tense
Transcript of The past continuous tense
For: 2nd C secondary grade The past continuous tense
We use the past continuous tense to describe a past
action over a period of time.. How do we use the past continous tense?
We have to use the verb to be in past tense (was/were) and the verb + ing
1) She was washing her hair when the phone rang.
2) They were playing football in the park. Compare the past simple with the past continuous:
I ate pop corn last night.
Tom and Peter studied in France last year.
I was eating pop corn last night, when my mom arrived
Tom and Peter were studying in France last year Which sentence is the correct one?
1) a) The men were studying on the new proyect all day yesterday
b) The men was studying on the new proyect all day yesterday
c) The men studied on the new proyect all day yesterday
2) a) You didn't be in the party yesterday
b) you didn't were in the party yesterday
c) You weren't in the party yesterday
3) a) My sister watched TV while his husband was playing with the children
b) My sister was watching TV while his husband was playing with the children
c) My sister was watching TV while his husband played with the children
4) a) The students were talking when the teacher was arriving
b) The students talked when the teacher was arriving
c) The students were talking when the teacher arrived Fill in the gaps using the past continous:
1) They........... (do) exercises all morning
2) I ............ (watch) a film
3) John ......(work) in this company for 10 years
4) My friend ...........(paint) the door when she came in
5) We saw a lot of rubbish when we......(walk) through
6) She ........(have) a shower when the tv show started The end ... WHAT IS THE MEANING? OF PAST CONTINUOUS TENSE?